Our next funding opportunity will open Summer/Fall 2019. In the meantime, we invite you to share your contact information and ideas with us here.
What We’re Looking For
We invest in entrepreneurs with bold ideas to grow, advance, and support Black and Latino leadership in education. Our goal is for Black and Latino leaders to represent at least 40 percent of the PreK-12 education workforce, mirroring the demographics of U.S. students today. We want your best, most creative ideas to help us get there. You might be:
- Recruiting new Black and Latino leaders into education
- Accelerating the careers of Black and Latino leaders already working in education
- Creating networks of Black and Latino leaders
- Building the capacity of education organizations to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive
- Influencing the field to be more diverse, equitable, and inclusive, such as through research, design, policy, and/or advocacy
You might also be contributing to our goal in some other way, and we’d love to hear about it.
While we prioritize investing in early-stage organizations (0 to 2 years old), we also invest in new initiatives (0 to 2 years old) at existing organizations. Given our strategic focus, we especially encourage Black and Latino entrepreneurs to participate in our funding opportunities. In addition, all ventures (i.e., organizations or initiatives) must align with NewSchools’ overarching investment criteria.
What We Offer
We accelerate your efforts by providing support in three key areas:
- Funding: A one-year grant of $100,000 to $200,000, depending on the stage of the organization or idea. After one year, ventures become eligible for additional support.
- Community of practice: Opportunities to build relationships and learn with other Diverse Leaders ventures, including at NewSchools Summit (see dates below)
- Management assistance: Access to coaching and support from our team and external experts
- August 1, 2018: Submission period opens
- August 15, 2018: Webinar to answer common questions
- September 7, 2018: Submission period closes
- October 3-24, 2018: Phone interviews
- December 2018: Funding decisions announced
- May 8-9, 2019: NewSchools Summit