While much of the NewSchools Summit focuses on charting a path forward and taking a hard, critical look at the challenges and opportunities for this community in the future, it is also an occasion to celebrate the tremendous achievements of the education reform community. As such, NewSchools recognizes individuals and organizations that, through their embodiment of the spirit of entrepreneurship, have had exemplary impact over the past year. While those we honor today come from different parts of the field, they are all passionate visionaries who act with a sense of urgency. They are tenacious and keenly focused on producing outcomes for students—and they’re willing to take risks to get there.
Please join us in celebrating the winners of the NewSchools Summit 2010 Awards:
- Entrepreneurs of the Year: Kristin Groos Richmond and Kirsten Saenz Tobey, Revolution Foods
- Entrepreneur of the Year: Bill Kurtz, Denver School of Science & Technology (DSST) and DSST Public Schools
- Organization of the Year: The New Teacher Project (TNTP)
- Change Agent of the Year: Paul Herdman, The Rodel Foundation
- Career Achievement Award: Nelson Smith, National Alliance for Public Charter Schools