We consider both nonprofit and for-profit ventures. To be eligible for consideration, a venture must:
- Present an opportunity to produce significant, measurable outcomes for K-12 public education in the United States;
- Be scalable (able to expand its reach over time), with the potential to impact thousands, hundreds of thousands, or millions of students;
- Be sustainable (self-perpetuating and lasting), so that its impact will intensify with time. Sustainability should be demonstrated through a sound revenue model and/or clear and credible funding plans;
- Be led by passionate entrepreneurs who have expertise in education and business management and the wherewithal to execute the venture’s vision;
- Clearly benefit from NewSchools’ participation; and
- Fit with our current investment strategy.
If you think your venture might be a good fit for our portfolio, please complete the form below. Due to volume, inquiries will only be considered when submitted online; we are unable to respond to phone calls. You can expect to hear back from NewSchools regarding next steps in about two weeks.